4/21/08

Holding on to your idealisms

"The great challenge of adulthood is holding on to your idealism after you lose your innocence."
– Bruce Springsteen

Pretty nice quote and has a very deep meaning.

I would say that I was not able to hold on to some of my idealisms as a kid. You know growing up with my aunts in the province, I can say that most of my values came from them. As a child, I was told of what is right from wrong, to love God, be an obedient child, be a modest if not conservative woman. I was told of the rules by the books.

As I grow older, hopefully, I have become wiser. My idealisms are now being formed by experiences that I encounter as days go by. Each cycle in my life has different phases and faces thus; one ideal cannot be applied to all.

I might have committed some mistakes, tasted pain, or sometimes become victorious over some trials along the way. One thing, I learned, I should stick to basic idealism of what is right. It might not be the best decision for a certain situation but at least it is always something you can defend and depend

About Bruce Springsteen

Bruce Springsteen, the American rock star known as The Boss, was famously called the future of rock and roll by rock critic Jon Landau in 1974, who later became his manager. He was born in 1949 in New Jersey. Seen as Dylanesque early in his career, he became associated with his blue-collar roots, writing songs about regular people on such albums as Born in the USA and The Rising. He and his second wife, band member Patty Scialfa, live in New Jersey with their three children.

source:Everydayhealth.com


Add to Technorati Favorites

No comments: